Too little time with too many tires to keep spinning? FlatStoppers® are saving thousands of tires world-wide while they are “stuck” in storage. Whenever you’re parking your car for 30 days or more, this best-selling product will preserve your tire shape. Once tires are set in FlatStoppers on a level surface, they settle into the pad’s concave depression, which evenly disperses the weight of the car across the increased contact patch and prevents flat spots. Additionally, FlatStoppers will not conduct heat or cold into your tires despite changing floor temperatures.
New! The RR-FS and RR-FS-10 have a reduced angle of approach for even smoother vehicle positioning. All FlatStopper models are now 28″ long with an 8.9 degree angle of approach. If you have monster tires, be sure to check out our supercar version for tires up to 14 inches wide. See options in matrix below.
- APPROACH ANGLE
- TIRE DIAMETER
- WEIGHT CAPACITY
Dimensions: See matrix, varies by version
Angle of approach: 8.9 degrees
Ramp weight capacity: 1,500 lbs. per ramp
Total vehicle weight capacity: 6,000 lbs.
Maximum tire width: 8” to 14”, see matrix, varies by version
Tire diameter: 25” to 30”
Product weight: See matrix, varies by version
Sold as: 10” width (RR-FS-10), 14” width (RR-FS), and 16” width (RR-FS-16-SC)
• Designed for collector cars, hot rods, etc.–cars with street tires. Do not put your SUV or pickup on them with mud or heavily-lugged tires.
• 100% solid, made with a high-density expanded polystyrene that is coated with a hybrid polyurea.
• Made with a lighter formula of polyurea than other Race Ramps products so that the pad will mold to the shape of your tire over time to provide even greater support.
• Lightweight, yet strong and durable.
• Will not rust or transfer heat or cold.
• No-skid, no-scuff material protects your garage flooring from damage.
• Sold as a set of four.
• When buying directly from this site, they come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
• Proudly made in the USA!
• See here.
• Use on a level, flat surface.
• Ensure that the bottom of each ramp makes full contact with a solid surface.
• Do not exceed the recommended maximum tire width or maximum total vehicle weight capacity.
• Never accelerate or apply brakes suddenly. Drive up on the ramps in a slow, steady pace.
• When the vehicle is in place, put it in park (or in reverse gear for manual transmissions) and set the emergency brake.
• You may notice tire indentations in the FlatStopper after you remove the car. This is normal as the FlatStopper is conforming to the tire.
||29”L x 11”W x 11”H
||29”L x 15”W x 11”H
||29”L x 17”W x 11”H
Q. How do I get my car on/off of my FlatStoppers?
A. See directions here.
Q. What are flat spots?
A. Tire Rack has a great explanation here. “As they roll, tires go from a relaxed state to a loaded state about 800 times every mile. This constant deflection generates heat that makes the tires more flexible. But once they are parked, the spot in contact with the ground (the tire’s footprint) flattens as it is pressed against the road’s flat surface as the tires cool. This is what generates flat spots.”
Q. How do FlatStoppers help my tires from getting flat spots?
A. When a FlatStopper is cradling your car tire, the amount of contact (that is supporting the full weight of your car) is significantly increased over just leaving your tires parked on a cement floor.
Q. Can’t I just “drive off” my flat spots when I take my car out of storage?
A. This myth, and several others, are addressed here. The short answer is that you are far better off keeping your tires from ever getting flat spots than you are trying to get rid of them once they appear. The longer your car is in storage, the less likely it is that you’ll be able to do anything to rid the tire of the flat spot.